Friday, March 8, 2013

Runs, Nightmares,Recipes & Random Thoughts.

I'm not sure even where to start on this one. So if you're reading this please assume it is going to be in random order and most likely make no sense. (Not that my normal posts are much different)

Yesterday was a pretty good day, routine day and there is nothing wrong with that. Started my morning with Starbucks and work. Came home to see my H2B (this part isn't normal), he was working from home supervising the handyman he hired. Nice to see him during the day instead of waiting until later. I changed and bundled up to head outside for what was supposed to be an easy 7 mile run. I had a longer hard workout the night before and I have a lot going on this weekend, so easy 7 was all that I wanted and expected.

When my first mile hit and my Garmin said 8:05. I think I literally almost fell from staring at my watch not thinking it to be true. My easy pace is usually between 7:55 and 8:30 and my body and mind are very strong about starting slow and being progressive. I was like DAMMIT, my splits are going to be all over the place today if I am starting at 8.

Miles 2 and 3 were 7:49 and 7:37.  [WTF...okay then I wonder if I can hold this the whole time]
4 and 5 were 7:27 and 7:24 [crap, times were dropping too fast, going to make it harder to hold]
Mile 6... 7:10 [what is going on today]
Mile 7 was 6:54 [well then...]

7 miles in 52:28 for an average pace right around 7:30. No this is not anywhere close to my fastest run, and it is far from my first time running 100% negative splits. But the thing is, there is no way in hell my legs should have felt that good and easy doing that run less than 24 hours after a brick workout (30 Mile ride/3 Mile run/1350 yd swim) that honestly kicked my ass. Part of this run happened because I challenged myself when I saw my paces dropping, wanted to see if I really could do it. I have issues holding back sometimes, sometimes it's just better for me to let it go and do what my body is telling me to do, regardless of what the plan says.

The rest of the day went pretty much as normal, ran some errands, got my stuff organized for today (Friday's I work both jobs, leave the house early and don't usually get home until after midnight). I even got a 2nd workout in, hit the bike in our basement for 45 minute easy ride while reading that Mindy Kaling book I told you about last week. Damn that girl is funny, I was totally giggling the whole time. I even managed to get 10 minutes of core/stretching in after. Ended the night watching "winters bone" (starring Jennifer Lawrence) and relaxing with my foam roller (and J of course). 

My Sweet Tooth was ever-so-achy last night so I went with one of my go-to snacks:
Healthy Sundae 
Ingredients
1 Cup berries (I buy frozen, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries)
Protein powder (I use flavorless but vanilla or chocolate will do)
1 Banana (cut up)
3/4 cup Non-fat Greek Yogurt 
Dark Chocolate Hershey's Syrup

1. Grab a bowl and heat the berries up in the microwave (I do this even if I am not using frozen)
2. Mix protein powder and yogurt together really well
3. Put yogurt and cut up banana on top of berries
4. Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup
5. Eat your heart out, it's full of tastiness, and protein and it won't kill your caloric intake.



The night/morning is where it got interesting... it was almost midnight by the time the movie was done and I was all ready for bed. I don't even remember falling asleep, I was that exhausted without even realizing it. It was one of those nights where I was so deep in sleep that I kept having crazy dreams. 

1. I meet with my new dermatologist next week, totally had a crazy dream about this meeting.  Don't remember most of the details (I always forget to write them down as soon as I wake up), but I do remember never wanting to go back there. I am pretty sure some random people made an appearance in this dream...like people I haven't seen in a long time, or people I am currently not talking to.

2. MY FIRST TRIATHLON NIGHTMARE. I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later, I just didn't think it would happen until closer to the race in July. My swim was half in the pool then fell off a waterfall and was swimming in the ocean??? I was riding a stationary bike...on the road (not very productive), and I was running in flippers. Maybe it is because my tri-training has been increasing and I have been focusing more on it, maybe it's because I spent 2 hours last night looking at bikes online. I don't know, but it was not a good feeling.

3. I came in LAST in the 5k I am running this weekend. Dear God, you know it's been a really long time since you raced when you start having dreams about messing up a damn 5k. 

Waking up today was a chore, I chose to sleep in a little instead of get up and run a few easy miles (sue me), and I am just not myself today. I am not in a bad mood, I am just sitting here thinking and over-analyzing everything. Actually I am in a good mood, just very deep in thought, even my Starbucks Batista noticed and asked me what I was so deep in thought about. 

A few things going on in my head today...
Tomorrow is my first race of the year, a small town (my hometown) 5k, I am not shooting for a PR (I'm not in shape to go sub-19 right now), but I am curious to see where I am at. What am I capable of running right now?

Oh yeah, tomorrow is also a planned 20 miler... so hmm lets see maybe 5 miles pre-race, 3 miles race, and then another 12 after. Sweet. First 20 miler since last fall, and this is how its going to be? It wasn't the original plan obviously, but I told some people I would do the 5k, and Sunday afternoon is my sisters baby shower and Sunday night J and his twin and I are going to see 'Book of Mormon'. So Saturday is really my only time to get the miles in.

Which road bike do I want to buy? This is going to be a lot of money.... I really like that one, and that one, oh and that one looks sharp. Folks, I can't begin to describe to you the stress of me buying a new bike. This has forced me to make spreadsheets, pro-con charts, all of it. My over-analytic side is really annoying right now.

I really need to finish my sister's baby shower gift. Sometime between running 20 Saturday and going to Syracuse Saturday night (monster truck rally with J's nephew) I will have to get it done. For her other baby shower I got her some big fancy car seat (all the bells and whistles  that thing cost me an arm and a leg... but it will be worth it for my nephew to be safe!). So for this shower I am doing something more fun and goofy. My sister is also a runner, and I am doing a running themed baby gift. ( Just in case she is reading this... which I doubt but you never know) I won't say what it is exactly but I will be sure to post a picture when it is done, all you runners out there will so appreciate this. It's taking me a lot of time and effort to make it happen but it will be worth it.

Why hasn't that place emailed me back yet? It's really frustrating planning a wedding when people don't email you back when they say they will. FYI, if you want my money and want me to use your place, you gotta talk to me. Kapeesh?


Well I suppose that's enough random thoughts for the day...maybe.

Do you have running/racing related nightmares?

What do you have planned for the weekend
 any races or anything fun??




5 comments:

  1. Wow you're impressive running a 5K and also a high mileage day! I guess it will break things up though and the 20 miles won't feel as long. Also, good for you for that 7 miler! I don't ever negative split my runs but I do fall into that trap of chasing my garmin for a faster time. I can't help it even if it isn't always the best thing for me to be doing. Good luck tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I didn't have my conference this weekend because I would love to run that race and 20 miler with you. Sounds like a pretty eventful week good heavens. I'm glad that run went so well and even if it's not your fastest, I know it's such a big confidence booster. You can host your wedding in Oswego LOL...though that really isn't optimal either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome run! Oh goodness, what dreams... you will never be last in a 5k. :) The sundae looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sundae looks mighty good!

    If I'm running in a dream...it's typically away from a monster or something lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me I have the dreams of running away from monsters too! (usually monsters in the form of exes or cray cray people!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...